Dec 18, 2008

I'll have a butterscotch sundae I guess

I recently watched this again:
"You don't even know my middle name." "That's a trick question. You don't have a middle name." "It's Helen." "My mother's name was Helen." "I know."
http://www.speedofdark-web.com/speedofdark/elliott/royalten.jpg
"What should we do?" "Lie down for a minute?"

"Oh that...that's dog's blood."

"This is my sponsor, Runs With Two Horses. Winds blowin up a gale today!"

The image “http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7877/68tenenbaums2tv.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

"I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum."

I've only seen it zillion times, but it never looses its charm. It's my favorite Christmas movie. Tasha gave it to me for our roommate secret Santa exchange three or four years ago, and it has been a staple must-see every December. Some people have trouble with it because the family is so dysfunctional, and because the pacing is slow. But it is really one of the sweetest stories (and I mean sweet like good and sincere).

Edited to add: If you feel like sharing, what is your favorite Christmas movie?

5 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

I love this movie too. It's wonderful. Sort of like you.

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haught Fudge said...

Weird, really weird. I've been craving to watch this movie lately and now I know why. Makes sense. Another non-Christmas movie I like to watch at Christmas is Sleeping Beauty.

Kaitlin Hakes said...

My favorite Christmas movie is Chevey Chases Christmas, and I'm sad because I didn't get to watch it this year. Oh and How the Grinch Stole Christmas:) And I did get to watch that one.