Dec 2, 2008

Baby its cold outside

So, I've decided to start blogging on my own -- outside of the family blog. There is something about the holiday season that makes me really love being a consumer. Or at least it makes me love holiday shopping commercials with bright colors and jazzy numbers and bundled up shoppers at the mall and presents with scrunchy wrapping paper. Of course when a crowd of people trample on somebody on their way to Walmart or whatever I get pissed and think old people things like "what is the world coming to." And yeah come two days after Christmas I would rather set fire to my nose hairs and gouge out my eyeballs then ever set foot in a store again. But, before all that happens I always rejoice in the Christmas-buying season. So what I'm trying to say is I love GAP commercials, and especially this new Christmas one: Who knew Selma Blair had such a sassy voice? And ok, so I had to share this one too: What's eating Gilbert Gap? And this is a 90s classic: And this is too adorable. Claire Danes where have you been? There's no way I was gonna include Sarah Jessica Parker's ad. Sorry, I don't care how much I hate to admit that I love that Lenny Kravitz song, she just irritates me too much. Finally, no gap ad post would be complete without the best gap ad they've ever done:
The image “http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object2/1787/117/n7537887580_6724.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

5 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

Carrie, I now have your blog number. And there is NO getting rid of me.

Francisca and Chris said...

Those are cute commercials.

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Well hello, hello fellow blogger. I am so excited to check in on your twisted mind.... That Claire Danes commercial is awesome- thanks for posting!

Parker said...

Is that Patrick Wilson of Phantom Phame (and the soon to be legendary Watchmen) dancing with Ms. Danes? Weird...
And Ms. Hakes... You have a blog! Ha ha! Now I can stop stalking your family's blog hoping that you'll post every entry...

Carrie said...

yes, that is Patrick Wilson, also co start to Kate Winslet in 'Little Children'