Feb 25, 2009

I run

Its late and I'm about all ready for a long summer's sleep. Not to be confused with 'long winter's nap'. It's summer already here, or so it has felt like it the past few days. 
I like rap. Well, there are only certain times that I listen to it. Like for instance today when I was reminded what it feels like to be the object of girlish gossip- and that is crappy. Which surprised me-haven't I grown out of caring what people think about me? I decided that I had not as I found myself rolling down University with a hot fudge sundae in hand, windows open, blasting this song and feeling vindicated:
hard times got the whole united states stressin  im writin a book, how to survive n a recession  mr oboma, we so tired of sellin crack  if u lookin for me ask the streets where im at 
I run the streets all nite n day (the hood love thug)  cuz i still run the streets all nite n day  yuhh i rep for my city, go hard for the hood still posted on the block, wats good?  cuz i still run, the streets all nite n day,  i cant stay away. 
Lesson learned: life isn't that bad. At least I'm not running crack.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, gossip. One of life's constants.

It IS painful, though, and it's hard not to retaliate. Shortly before I left the University Ward, someone started spreading mighty unfriendly (and inaccurate) stories about me. I TRIED not to care, I tried to be a big girl about it... with varying degrees of success.

Next time, I'll just crank up some rap and buy a hot fudge sundae. Both things are tricky on a bicycle, but I'm resourceful. I'll figure it out.

You're an absolutely wonderful person, Carrie. If I had to choose an adoptive sister, I'd pick you. Don't let the chatterboxes get you down.

Haught Fudge said...

Oh Bear. I wish I was there to punch out anyone who is dissing my Bear. "Show's you what they were!" Remember that.

I love you. And don't forget, cherry dipped cones work as well. But you have to listen to Outkast to get the full effect. :)

Ro Ro Riot said...

Was the gossip about how extremely sexually attractive you are? 'Cause that's all true. I'm sorry. You're going to have to learn to live with it.

Carrie said...

thanks guys. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, when I was swept up in a bunch of stupid ward BS because I wound up liking a girl (the nerve! what a stupid idiot I am? I guess?)
This song was my way of sending a good steady stream of hate-vibes the right direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdlj9lCwse0
(probably best if you just open the song and open a new tab and go surfing while listening, the video is really stupid...)

Anonymous said...

Oh! here's another good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVim78vmUM

I can apparently be very spiteful, as evidenced by my music choices.

Carrie said...

seriously...sean lennon and ben folds! thanks greg!