Feb 2, 2009

Firsts

I had a couple of firsts last week. 
Number one- I saw my first patient. For those of you who are unaware I've been an intern for student counseling at NMSU since august, which meant for the first semester I manned phones at the crisis hotline and bothered local agencies by sending them information about our services. But now that I am bona-fide second semester student, I get to see clients! Friday was my first get go, just a student looking for healthcare options, and yes my supervisor was there with me which was a big help because I kept getting nervous and shooting her looks that said "HELP!" and "Whatwasthathealthcareprogramyoutoldmeabout?" Well, we got through it in one piece, and I have a follow up appointment and I've filled out all the paperwork.
The second first was that we had the first speed-dating activity for our ward ever. Mark and I are activities chairs and so we got every one there under the pretense that it was a 'Get-to-Know-you' night. I know...mean right? Well, the thing is a lot of people in our ward are spread out and when they move in they don't get to know each other. So at least people will know each other better now. And total surprise, the ratio was almost perfect the whole night. We had a few too many boys at the beginning but some girls showed up.
My final first was seeing four movies in the theater in one weekend. I saw: Last Chance Harvey, Taken, Revolutionary Road, and New in Town. I only paid for two, and definitely would recommend them all except Revolutionary Road because of content (but come on its Kate and LEO!).

5 comments:

Cassi Wood said...

What hot dates did you go on bear? :) I see social workers everyday. I will talk to about what they say sometime. I try to ask them what they do at the hospital.

John and Melodie said...

Hey Carrie,
Found your blog today sounds like you are having fun. I have been wondering what you have been up to.

Hayley said...

Speaking of firsts, this is the first bloody time i've heard you have a blog.

Haught Fudge said...

I have a theory Sam Mendes secretly hates being married with kids. American Beauty, Revolutionary Road. Married life stinks! That's just what I gather from the trailers. Is there any truth to that?

That's cool you get to start meeting with people now. Have you ever heard of Allison Armstrong by chance? She has some really awesome theories about male and female relationships. I was just wondering if you have heard of her.

Ro Ro Riot said...

I can't believe you tricked people into speed dating. That is so low...