Apr 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Pookie!

This post is dedicated to one of the best sisters in the whole wide world: Camille Marie Bluth. Cami is my big sis. She taught me how to tie my shoes, do backflips, listen to country music, pretty much you name it, I learned it from her. 
I have many good memories of our childhood/teenagehood, including things like making a weekly workout plan (Monday-jog Tuesday-Bike ride Wed.-roller blade) and digging nickels and dimes out of the change jar for our almost-nightly May Fro Yo run (Mesa Frozen yogurt). 
She's a pretty special person, so I thought I would share a few things that you might not know about her (20 to be exact):
1. In high school she did color guard, pole vaulting, diving, orchestra, got straight A's, and shared a wardrobe with me, and let me follow her around.
2. She has an AMAZING singing voice. Her specialties being Les Mis and Charlotte Church.
3. She is an even more amazing mom. 
4. She is bar none the best person to have with you on a road trip. Specifically if that road trip is to Lake Powell and your car goes dead at the Pizza Hut in Page. Or, if you make the wrong turn in Flagstaff and see signs that say "Los Angeles 200 miles". Or, if you are driving through miles and miles of New Mexican wilderness and have only a two sided tape of Journey's Greatest Hits to keep you company.
5. She is hilarious. Carefree. Easy going. I think I saw her get mad only once in our teenage years. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
6. She used to write me letters written in the "creepy" font and sign it "the pookie". 
7. She built the house she lives in now.
8. She and her family make Carlsbad a happening place.
9. She has rheumatoid arthritis but never complains.
10. She had mono her senior year of high school.
11. She went to 3 universities before marrying her cute hubby Marcus: ASU, NMSU, and BYU
12. She likes to be the first to the top of a mountain.
13. When she was younger, it was impossible to have a conversation with her that didn't include her plieing, tour jeteing etc while you were talking to her.
14. I felt like a big girl when she let me share a room with her. I think I was nine or ten.
15. We used to stay up late talking about anything and everything
16. She memorized the Newsies soundtrack. And the titanic song- You know the one they played on the radio with excerpts from the movie?
17. When I was at BYU she once sent me a pear for my birthday (a "Little Women" reference).
18. She spent the first few months of her marriage roughing it (and loving it) on a cattle ranch in NM.
19. She speaks French. Oui.
20. She is really adorable pregnant, and is currently expecting baby # 4.

7 comments:

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Carrie, that is so sweet of you to say all those nice things about me. You are such an awesome sister. I have loved growing up with you. We definetly have to take a road trip sometime in the future. We'll bring along some Journey.

Haught Fudge said...

Ah! I love that I knew most of those refrences, made me feel important. You both have been the best "sisters" to me too. Three cheers for the pook and the bear! Hip Hip, Horray!

Cassi Wood said...

hapy birthday pook! I add my own. I ran to her when Carrie and I were fighting. :) Just kidding. That was very sweet carrie. I have two great older sisters, three with Tash! And, four with Jingjing!

Greg said...

wait. your sister is married to a BLUTH!?!

http://www.hulu.com/arrested-development

Carrie said...

Yeah, buster and Gob are a hoot at family reunions.

Mama said...

This entry made me cry...you really have a huge heart Carrie and I hope I can figure out how to make a copy of all that you said. I love you all sooo much

Unknown said...

o7e13f5w61 n8u54b7p46 i3r68r2h54 c9y31t9t02 f3q68f0i96 u5o61j1v24