Jan 12, 2011

Because I Bloody Well Stammer!

Sometimes when I walk into a session I really wish that I had a tshirt or a billboard with these statements written on them in big letters, just because I feel like I repeat myself all the time:

1. Being a parent has to be one of the most difficult and underappreciated jobs.
2. You need to take care of yourself too.
3. When kids say things like "I hate you" they usually don't mean it.
4. YOU ARE THE ADULT, NOT YOUR CHILD
5. If you don't talk openly about sex with your kids, they WILL go to other sources (ie the internet or their friends) for an education.

3 comments:

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Another good source for sex education: a ranch ("see what that bull is doing to that cow?")

Ro Ro Riot said...

That's a really interesting list. I find your job very interesting in general. I like hearing your thoughts on it.

Cassi Wood said...

ha ha, cami! Amen Bear! I remember my friend told me about sex when I was 9 after we watched the changing videos. I went to mom about it afterward. I was so embarrassed, but she was good about it. I was shocked for a couple weeks. But 9! I can't believe how young I was...talk to kids BEFORE they are teenagers.
You have a tough job, but it sounds like you are good at it (no surprise there).