Feb 15, 2010

Pairs short program recap

So, anybody else think the Ukrainian's costumes were hilarious?
Skating to "Dreams Illusions" it would appear that they were asking, nay begging for a Blades of Glory sequel to be made about them.
Loved this:
And this:
Thought this was a little under appreciated. For a clean program and all. Perhaps I'm just a sucker for the Love Actually soundtrack:
On second look, I think not.
Hopefully here are your winners:
Felt a little confused about more than one score last night. Makes me want to blame this new scoring system. On the 6.0 scale it was very straight forward. But now it is so complex that even fans like myself have a hard time understanding the scores. The idea was to limit cheating but it seems like all it has done is disguise the judges' bias. Makes me kind of miss this:
Even if it is total cheese, I loved this program. At least we knew the judges had cheated.
Here is a link with the detailed score breakdowns.

3 comments:

Cassi Wood said...

Loved your post. I have reviewed the scoring system in preparation for the Olympics. I was surprised by the weird scoring last night, as well. I have historically felt this new scoring system much superior to the 6.0 because it seemed they could pull that out from no where and get away with it. Maybe you are right, however. I loved their Love Actually number as well. If you notice, they do a double jump and don't do any lifts where she holds her skate behind her, their spins aren't as difficult and neither are their death spirals...but still felt it underscored.

Hayley said...

please keep updating cos they dont show the olympics here!!

I loved it! So informative and hilarious, as usual.

Haught Fudge said...

I love Pong and Tang! And I am sure I am getting that wrong. Keep posting.